Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Living Life To Your Fullest!

"A wise person thinks much about death, while the fool thinks only about having a good time now." Ecclesiastes 7:4

Remember the days of our youth when we felt that we were invincible? There seemed to be an assumption that aging and death were the fate of other's misfortune, not ours. I have been reminded lately that aging and death have no manners and are no respecter of persons.

In fact, the Bible talks about both of them as a fact of life. Since aging and dying are a fact of life and none of us can escape this reality, it would be wise to find out what God our Father has to say about it.

Father has been bringing these two verses to my mind and my heart, let me share them with you. David cried out to God in the Psalms saying, "Lord teach me to number my days, so that I may present to you a heart of wisdom.

"Ecclesiastes 7:4 reads, “A wise person thinks much about death, while the fool thinks only about having a good time now”.

Let me share with you how I received these verses from our gracious God and Father.

Son, I came to give you life and life more abundant. Live life to its fullest because it is very short. One day you too will be old so prepare for that day by living wise and dependant on Me and allowing Me to freely live My life through you. Let growing in intimacy with Me, be your primary goal in life. All the other things will fall into place.

Today is the day to enjoy your life and your health. Do not think that you can escape aging or death? It is appointed for man once to die and then the judgment. Yet, did I not say that I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in Me will live even if he dies?

So, there is no need to fear aging or death if you know and love Me.Death for My children is the ultimate “Divine promotion”. Prepare for your retirement and leave financial provision for your children.

Proverbs 16 says, "A wise man plans his ways, but it’s the Lord who directs his steps”. A wise man leaves an inheritance to his children. Friends, it would be wise for all of us to take some time to sit with Father and talk to Him about our life; past, present and future. Are you enjoying your life or simply enduring it?

I believe that we are not ready to live until we are ready to die. How about you. Are you ready to live by being ready to die? May I encourage you to ask Father for a heart of wisdom to age gracefully and to prepare for our inevitable exit from this side of eternity.

Where we are going, will have no more tears, pain, hurt, sin or sadness. Why? Because Jesus will be there, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is perfect peace!

© All Rights Reserved:

No comments: